I listened to the
Forrest Gump soundtrack the other day and I've had the
Age of Aquarius song stuck in my head. While I was trying to find
a place to listen to the song today, I read a little bit about it. Apparently it's from some hippie musical called
Hair, and then was later released as a pop song by
the 5th Dimension. And, contrary to popular references (including my own three sentences ago) the song is just called "Aquarius", not "Age of Aquarius". Whatever, right?
Here's the interesting thing: Apparently there is
some discord among astrologers about when the age of Aquarius really begins, but the first lines of the
song lyrics give their own measurement for when it begins: "When the Moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars". According to
Wikipedia this alignment will really happen on Feb. 14, 2009.
So, whatever the heck the age of Aquarius is, it starts on this week on Valentine's day. Weird, huh?
2 comments:
All I can say is that now peace will guide our planet and love will steer the stars. I think that was one of Obama's campaign promises too. Let the sun shine in!
Hahaha. Awesome. We definitely will be listening to this song Saturday... on repeat. ;)
Post a Comment